FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 4, 2014
TORONTO – Restaurants Canada thanks the industry visitors, exhibitors, chefs and other experts who helped make this year’s CRFA Show — the annual destination for Canada’s foodservice industry— a success!
The CRFA Show welcomes thousands of visitors and exhibitors each Spring. It’s a one stop shop for everyone in the foodservice business to learn about exciting new products, but also network and discover hot trends and tips on how to grow their business.
This year’s show, held March 2-4 at the Direct Energy Centre in Toronto featured:
- More than 12,000 visitors
- Nearly 1,200 exhibitor booths
- 15 demos from celebrity chefs like Roger Mooking, Anna Olson and Brad Long
- 35 educational seminars
- Nearly 4,000 social media posts. The hashtag #CRFAShow was a viral trending topic in Canada on Twitter
- Two companies who celebrated their golden anniversaries as exhibitors. Congratulations to Cambro Manufacturing and Faema Canada on 50 years of exhibiting at the show.
- Lessons in cooking for royalty from Welsh Chef (and a favourite of Prince Charles) Graham Tinsley
The CRFA Show was also home to the World Association of Chefs Societies’ first competition in Canada in two decades. The event helps prepare competitors for international culinary competitions, including the World Culinary Olympics in 2016.
“Visitors have told us that the show really inspired them to try something new,” says Garth Whyte, President and CEO of Restaurants Canada. “Whether it is new equipment, a special ingredient, or a new way to motivate staff — show-goers got practical tips that will help them improve their business.”
The CRFA Show is presented annually by Restaurants Canada (formerly the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association).
Next year, the CRFA Show returns with a new, still-to-be-determined name that will reach out to even more people in the foodservice business.
The CRFA Show is owned and operated by Restaurants Canada (formerly the Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association). Restaurants Canada is a national association comprising 30,000 businesses in every segment of the foodservice industry, including restaurants, bars, caterers, institutions and their suppliers. Through advocacy, research, and member programs and services, Restaurants Canada is dedicated to helping its members in every community grow and prosper.