(May 15/13) As a follow up to a meeting with Alberta Deputy Premier Thomas Lukaszuk, CRFA is providing feedback on the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) semi-skilled foodservice pilot evaluation, as well as liquor regulations.
QSR members: Tell us what you think
CRFA has asked our quick-service restaurant members to weigh in on CRFA’s formal response to the AINP evaluation report, and to plan for a permanent AINP semi-skilled foodservice stream.
Ideas to modernize liquor regulations
With input from a number of Alberta liquor-licensed members, CRFA outlined ideas to modernize liquor regulations in a follow-up letter to Minister Lukaszuk. Our recommendations include:
- provide greater flexibility in liquor service hours;
- allow pre-mixed liquor products;
- simplify the minimum price formula for multi-ounce cocktails;
- allow licensee liquor warehousing; and
- allow licensees to purchase products by the bottle, instead of by the case.