(Jan. 13/15) Following Restaurants Canada recommendations, Edmonton has approved new late-night transit service. We had worked with Responsible Hospitality Edmonton to call for better late-night transit options for quite some time. These options would improve safety for restaurant industry guests and staff.
As of September 2015, the late-night service will run five core routes every 30 minutes until 3 a.m. each day. The proposed routes include:
- Route 1: West Edmonton Mall – Downtown
- Route 4: Lewis Farms – Capilano
- Route 8: Abbottsfield – Mill Woods
- Route 9: Eaux Claires – Southgate (with an extension to Century Park)
- Route 505: Clareview – Central (NE LRT replacement service)