(Jan. 26/17) Restaurants Canada has been pushing all levels of government to reduce red tape for our members – and we’re seeing results! The Government of Nova Scotia is piloting a new service to help you figure out the complex world of provincial rules, regulations, requirements and permits.
About the program
The pilot service, Business Navigators, focuses on regulation. Business Navigators customize their work to help restaurateurs understand and comply with regulatory requirements.
Business Navigators can:
- find information on rules and regulations specific to your restaurant;
- help you understand how to comply with provincial regulations;
- help you secure the status of your business registration;
- help you get a status update of permit and licence applications; and
- provide support in completing applications and forms.
Contact Business Navigators, Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1-844-628-7347 (1-844-NAV-REGS) or BusNavigation@novascotia.ca.
In the coming months, this service will expand to include municipal regulations. Restaurants Canada is an Advisory Panel member for a trial partnership, between Halifax Regional Municipality and the N.S. government, to reduce red tape.
See our video on cutting red tape.