Business resources and information including financing, rent, preparedness checklists, mental health and more
Crisis Preparedness and Business Continuity Guide
Our “Crisis Preparedness and Business Continuity Guide” is designed to help foodservice operators mitigate the business impacts of crises. Download the guide and customize to your unique business needs.
Communicating Expectations in the Workplace
Foodservice operators can ensure their staff stay informed and aware of expectations related to COVID-19 by having a dedicated physical and/or digital space for communicating regular updates.
Financing & Operations
BDO provides resources to support you in economic impact strategies, regulatory impairments and deadlines, tax implications, and financial recovery.
- Insurance Coverage Considerations on COVID-19
- Tax Considerations for Difficult and Uncertain Times
- Federal and Quebec Governments Extend Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines
- How to Respond to Liquidity and Debt Challenges In The Wake of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Financial Reporting and Audit Implications
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association has developed a comprehensive Q&A document related to the impacts of COVID-19 on payroll compliance. Topics include completing the ROE, Layoffs and EI Benefit. (English / French)
The restaurant industry and all the people who depend on it for their livelihood are facing unprecedented change as a result of this crisis. People are faced with financial stress, isolation, and uncertainty that can quickly take a toll on their physical and mental health. These tools are available to help you manage through change, control stress and preserve your mental health in this new reality.
- #FairKitchens: Inspiring a new kitchen culture, because a healthier culture makes for a healthier business
- Mental Health Commission of Canada:
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health: Responding to Issues
- Think Mental Health: Resources for Mental Health in the Workplace
- Not 9 to 5: A Message of Hope