With restaurants and other local businesses continuing to struggle through the second wave of COVID-19, the Government of Prince Edward Island has introduced the programs below to provide support.
COVID-19 Local Advertising Fund
Food and beverage establishments are now eligible for up to $2,500 through the new COVID-19 Local Advertising Fund to cover:
- 50% of ad placement costs in local, traditional media outlets; and
- 25% of online ad placement costs.
Online applications can be submitted until Feb. 28, 2021, subject to budget availability.
Key program details:
- The fund will contribute to direct costs incurred from Nov. 15, 2020, through Dec. 31, 2020 for ads placed in traditional media outlets on Prince Edward Island, or directed at the P.E.I. market online.
- To qualify as a P.E.I. business, the business must be physically located on the Island. For a franchise to qualify, it cannot be corporate-owned (operated by the franchisor).
- The project must be completed before applying to this fund; ads must be purchased from a third party (arms-length) supplier to be considered eligible costs.
- One application per eligible business will be accepted.
To learn more about the COVID-19 Local Advertising Fund program and how to apply for funding, visit: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/covid-19-local-advertising-fund
Employee Gift Card Program
The province has relaunched the Employee Gift Card Program.
This is a temporary program put in place to offer a $100 grocery gift value to any employee, living and working on Prince Edward Island, who has received a lay-off notice as a direct result of the impacts associated with the public health measures announced on Dec. 6, 2020.
The deadline for applications is Jan. 8, 2021.
Key program details:
- Employers must apply on behalf of employees (the application form for this program is to be completed by the employer, who will then distribute the gift card letters to affected employees).
- Employers are not eligible to receive gift cards through this program.
- Employers in the industries identified for restrictions under the public health order effective Dec. 7, 2020 are eligible to apply, including restaurants.
- Workers must have received a lay-off notice between the dates of Dec. 7 and Dec. 21, 2020.
To learn more about the Employee Gift Card Program and how to apply for funding, visit: https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/employee-gift-card-program
If you have any questions or would like more information, you can get in touch with Luc Erjavec, Restaurants Canada Vice President, Atlantic Canada, at email@example.com.