RESTAURANTS CANADA’S “MAKING MOMENTS” CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Agreement: These rules govern the Making Moments Contest (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- Contest Sponsor: The Contest sponsor is Air North Charter and Training Ltd., operating as Air North, Yukon’s Airline, a Canadian airline based in Whitehorse, Yukon (the “Sponsor”).
- Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec). All entries become the property of Restaurants Canada. To be eligible to win a prize, claimant must be of age of majority within their place of residence at the start of the Contest Period. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or prize supplier or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies or fulfillment houses. Incomplete or illegible entries, bulk drop offs, photocopies, scanned copies, facsimiles or other mechanically or electronically reproduced entries will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Limit of one (1) entry per person per day during the Contest Period.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 9:00 AM ET on February 26, 2017 and ends at 9:00 am ET on June 30, 2017 (such period, the “Contest Period”). There are three ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize, each requiring the entrant to submit an original, minimum 50-word, essay about a moment of celebration, connection, giving or opportunity that took place in one of Canada’s great restaurants (“Moment”).
- How to Enter: There are four ways to enter the Contest and be eligible to win a prize:
(a) Online: During the Contest Period access the Contest website at http://www.restaurantscanada.org/makingmoments
read and accept these Contest Rules, and follow the instructions to complete and submit a “Contest Entry Form” with all required information (a valid email address will be required), and the required original, minimum 50-word essay regarding your memorable restaurant “Moment” in one of four categories (celebration, opportunity, giving, connection), resulting in one (1) “Online Entry”. Each entrant may use only one (1) email address to enter the Contest. There is a limit of one (1) Online Entry per person per day and each submission must provide a unique “Moment” to be eligible for entry.
(b) Email: During the Contest Period, email email@example.com with the subject line “Making Moments Contest”, your full name, email address, telephone number and the required original 50 word essay regarding your “Moment”, each resulting in one (1) “Email Entry”. There is a limit of one (1) Email Entry per person per day and each submission must provide a unique “Moment” to be eligible for entry. By making a submission, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Contest Rules available via the Contest website at http://www.restaurantscanada.org/makingmoments.
(c) Direct Entry at the RC Show 2017: During the RC Show, a trade event taking place at the Enercare Centre between February 26 and February 28, 2017, paper ballots will be available at the Restaurants Canada booth (2204 and 2205). Paper Ballots will require your full name, email address, and the required original, minimum 50-word, essay regarding your “Moment”, each resulting in one (1) “Paper Ballot Entry”. There is a limit of one (1) Paper Ballot Entry per person per day and each submission must provide a unique “Moment” to be eligible for entry. By making a submission, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Contest Rules available in print at the Restaurants Canada booth or via the Contest website at http://www.restaurantscanada.org/makingmoments.
(d) BONUS ENTRY: For those who attend the RC Show 2017: All those who register to attend the RC Show 2017, will be granted to opportunity for a bonus entry of one additional entry to the Contest. To be eligible, you will be required to provide your full name, email address, telephone number and your badge registration number at https://www.restaurantscanada.org/making-moments-contest/. There is a limit of one entry per person, per badge registration number. By making a submission, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the Contest Rules available via the Contest website at http://www.restaurantscanada.org/makingmoments.
- Winner Selection: One potential winner will be chosen by random draw from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period on June 30, 2017. The draw will take place at the Restaurants Canada’s offices located at 1155 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6J 1J4. The potential winner will be contacted by telephone or email by a representative of the Sponsor, and must reply within twenty-four (24) hours to maintain eligibility. In order to be eligible to win, the potential winner must correctly answer a time limited mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance or mechanical or electronic aid. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within this time period or fails to respond to any attempted contact, or incorrectly answers the skill-testing question posed by the Sponsor, such potential winner will be disqualified, his/her Entry will be declared null and void and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select, at random, another eligible Entry, in which event these provisions shall apply to such other eligible Entry. If a potential winner does not claim the Prize within one (1) day of notification, another eligible Entry may be selected, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, and the first potential winner will have no further claim to the Prize. The Sponsor will not mail or courier the Prize and is not responsible for lost, stolen or unclaimed Prizes. If a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem any Prize on the terms upon which it is awarded, the Prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
- Prizing: There is one (1) prize is available to be won, consisting of:
- Air North, Yukon’s Airline – round-trip flights for two (2) from Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver or Kelowna to Whitehorse, Yukon *
- Via Rail Canada return passes for two (2) from Montreal or Toronto to Ottawa
- Air North, Yukon’s Airline – round-trip flights for two (2) from Whitehorse to Dawson City
- Three (3) nights’ accommodation courtesy of the Coast High Country Inn and two (2) night’s accommodation courtesy of the Inn on the Lake at Marsh Lake, 45 minutes south of Whitehorse
- Two (2) nights’ accommodation at the Downtown Hotel in Dawson City
- Two (2) passes to the MacBride Museum of Yukon History
- Two (2) passes to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve
- One (1) complimentary bottle of Free Pour Jenny Bitters
- Aurora viewing adventure for two (2), courtesy of Northern Tales Tours
- (available only August 25, 2017 – Mar 31, 2018)
- A one-year subscription to Yukon, North of Ordinary for the prize winner
- A standard manual economy car rental (the “Prize”) for five (5) days
Travel must be completed by March 31, 2018. Blackout dates include June, July and August 2017 and the period from December 15, 2017 – January 10, 2018. Peak times of travel and holidays may not always be available; all seats are subject to availability and capacity controls. All tickets outlined are non-transferable and have no cash redemption value. Not valid for bookings on partner airlines or codeshare flights. Hotels are based on availability and Air North reserves the right to substitute/change hotels should they not be available. Excess baggage fees and any additional products or services will be charged the current applicable fees and are the responsibility of prize winner. Once ticketed, any changes made will be charged the current applicable fees. Completed travel form must be submitted to Air North at least 60 days prior to departure. Approximate retail value of the Prize is five thousand dollars ($5,250.00) CDN. Unauthorized use, reproduction or resale is prohibited. The prize will not be replaced or replenished if lost, stolen, used incorrectly or without authorization. Other terms and conditions may apply. All travel and accommodations are subject to airline, hotel and attraction terms, conditions and rules. Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equivalent monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
- Any other costs or expenses associated with the prize not specified herein will be the responsibility of selected winner and guest(s) (as applicable), including without limitation ground transportation to/from the Departure Point, meals, communication charges, room service, gratuities, optional tours, taxes, insurance and medical travel documents. Sponsor or prize provider will not be responsible if weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond their reasonable control prevent the prize or part of the prize from being fulfilled, and winner will not be entitled to compensation in lieu thereof. Winner and guest(s) must have no restrictions on his/her ability to travel or to fully participate in the prize. Winner and guest(s) are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation and permissions and must travel on the same itinerary. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the dates selected, subject only to modifications as may be required by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner and guest(s) must travel on the carriers and stay at the accommodations as determined by Sponsor or prize provider in its sole discretion. All travel is subject to the date restrictions as set forth above in connection with each applicable prize. Sponsor and the prize provider will not be responsible if winner/guest(s) are denied entry onto aircraft, into the Destination, or return entry into Departure Point. In such a situation, the winner/guest(s) will be responsible for any and all additional costs incurred. Winner/guest(s) must obey all hotel and activity rules and requirements, including the hotel requirement to present a major credit card. Failure to follow such hotel and activity rules and requirements may result in, without limitation, ejection from the activity, non-admission to hotel and forfeiture of all or part of the prize. Guest(s) will be required to sign and return a release (as required below). If any guest(s) are below the age of majority in his or her jurisdiction of residence, each such guest must travel at all times with his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Prize Claim: If a potential winner does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, another eligible entry may be selected and contacted and the first selected entrant will have no further claim to the prize. If a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept or otherwise redeem any prize on the terms it is awarded, the prize shall be forfeited and no cash or substitutes will be provided in whole or in part.
- Release: Prior to receiving the prize, the potential winner will be required to show valid photo ID and to sign a declaration of eligibility and release form releasing the Sponsor, their related parties and any prize supplier from any and all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the prize, confirming compliance with the Contest rules and consenting to the use of his or her name and photograph, in any and all forms of media, without further compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, and its respective advertising and promotional agencies. The signed form must be received by the Sponsor within 24 hours of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant. Each winner and any guests may be required to sign additional releases prior to booking of travel or request by Sponsor or a prize supplier.
- Indemnity: By participating in this Contest, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and any prize supplier and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensors, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from, and hereby releases all of the Released Parties from any and all liability in connection with, any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees), whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or otherwise and as arising under any theory of law, arising out of or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest; such entrant’s receipt of, participation in, or use or misuse of any prize; such entrant’s violation of any term of these Contest rules or such entrant’s violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- Banning: The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
- Other: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. One (1) prize per person. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither Sponsor nor any prize supplier shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website downtime, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. Use of any automated system including robotic or form filling software to enter or participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification of all entries by anyone using such assistance. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.