(April 28/15) You’re invited to the WCB’s Prevention Symposium on Wednesday, June 3. This one-day symposium brings together employers, regulators and others who want to make Nova Scotia the safest province to work in. The symposium will challenge employers to improve workplace safety alongside WCB NS. The goal is to reduce injuries and their toll on workers, employers, industry and the community.
Who should attend?
Senior leaders, safety leaders and safety champions who have an interest in workplace injury prevention, and work within the retail, food, beverage and other business services industries. Registration is free.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13 (limit three people per organization) and indicate the names and titles of those attending. Seating is limited, so reserve your seat early.
Best Western Plus Chocolate Lake
20 St. Margarets Bay Road
As the date approaches, a final version of this agenda will be forwarded to you.
Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- A Workplace Safety Strategy for Nova Scotians – Stuart MacLean, CEO, Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
- NSADSA: The Evolution of a Safety Association – John Sutherland, Executive Director, NSADSA
- Tactics for Successful Health and Safety in Diverse Workplaces – Tracey Leary, Education Consultant, Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
- Overview from DLAE – Gail Keeping, Education and Outreach Officer, OH&S Division, Dept. of Labour & Advanced Education (DLAE)
- Effective Case Management for the Employer: An Employer’s Success Story – Joe LeBlanc, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires Nova Scotia
- Workplace Violence Prevention – Tools and Resources