(Apr. 4/16) – Restaurants Canada is working together with the PEI government to reduce red tape. The province has asked us to help identify the most significant problems you have when you deal with them.
We need your input! Send your ideas to email@example.com. We will determine the top six issues that operators struggle with and send them to the Minister of Economic Development & Tourism. The government will have 60 days to resolve and improve three of those priorities. After 60 days, they’ll let us know how they streamlined their services.
Keep the following in mind when you make your recommendations:
- Changes should result in no new costs to the government (focus on changing the way they do business, rather than changes to funding or taxes);
- Due to the short turnaround time, do not make recommendations requiring legislative changes;
- Recommendations must be small enough to be addressed in 60 days;
- Recommendations must be within the jurisdiction of the province.
Otherwise, the sky’s the limit! You may consider ideas like these:
- Pay WCB premiums based on actual payroll at the same time as you pay EI and CPP premiums;
- Sell a limited number of drinks without a meal, if you have a dining room liquor license;
- And anything else that would boost your efficiency.
Make sure your voice is heard – contact us today!
Restaurants Canada members: If you have questions about your interactions with the government, please contact Paul McKay on our Member Services Team: 1-800-387-5649 ext. 4225 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Luc Erjavec at (902)209-0804 or email@example.com.
Not a member? Join online now, or call our membership team at 1-800-387-5649.
We’re stronger together!