(Dec. 10/14) Restaurants Canada commented on labour policies at the annual Employer’s Forum on Nov. 27. We urged Minister Jason Kenney and senior officials to pursue policies and programs that help our members.
- employment insurance (EI) policy measures and EI rate-setting;
- the role of labour market information;
- changes to immigration, including the new Express Entry program;
- direct employer involvement in Canada Job Grants;
- employer engagement in apprenticeship; and
- TFWP changes, including the need for a longer transition period.
Top photo, L to R: Restaurants Canada’s Joyce Reynolds (front row, far right) participated in the annual Employer’s Forum with Minister of Employment and Social Development Jason Kenney and senior officials on Nov. 27.