(Jan. 16/13) CRFA members are invited to participate in town halls on possible regulatory and legislative changes the NDP is considering introducing to enhance rules governing credit card issuers and payment processors in Canada.
The NDP’s Consumer Protection Critic Glenn Thibeault has set up these town halls across the country to hear ideas from small businesses and organizations that can help mitigate existing problems.
Town hall dates and locations
- Jan. 21 in Toronto at Northern District Library (40 Orchard View Blvd., M4R 1B9) from 1:00-3:00 EST
- Jan. 22 in Winnipeg at The University of Winnipeg`s Eckhardt-Gramatté Hall (515 Portage Avenue, R3B 2E9) from 2:00-3:30 CST
- Jan. 23 in Saskatoon at the Frances Morrison Library`s Theatre (311-23rd St E, S7K 0J6) from 6:30-8:30 CST
- Jan. 24 in Vancouver at Vancouver Community College, (Room 112, 250 West Pender Street, V6B 1S9) from 3:00-5:00 PST
- Jan. 25 in Surrey at City Centre Library, Meeting Room 120 (10350 University Drive) from 2:00-4:00 PST