Uber Eats, in partnership with Restaurants Canada, will be providing $1 million in grants to independently-owned restaurants with fewer than five locations across Canada.
The grants are part of Uber’s Eat Local Support Effort which is providing $7 million in support commitments over the next five months to help restaurants through COVID-19 closures so they can focus on the future.
What are we offering?
The program will provide $2,500 grants to support active Uber Eats restaurant partners to help meet their most immediate needs.
Eligible restaurants must demonstrate financial need to cover immediate pressing costs related to the loss of incomes. Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to the local community, including restaurant staff, throughout the pandemic.
- [*]“Restaurant” means an establishment that predominantly serves food for dine-in or take-out. Convenience stores, liquor stores, and ghost kitchens are not eligible. Uber will decide in its sole discretion whether an applicant is a “restaurant.” Must have 5 or fewer locations. Only the first application per restaurant or restaurant group will be accepted.
- First come first serve (via application)
- Must be a restaurant or restaurant group, not affiliated with a national brand, with fewer than 5 locations in Canada
- Only the first application per restaurant or restaurant group will be accepted.
- Must be an active Uber Eats restaurant partner as of January 2021
- Must have a maximum of 50 employees per location
- Must have annual gross revenues in 2020 of less than $3m per location
- Must demonstrate needs for funds to cover immediate pressing costs related to loss of income
- Preference will be given to applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to the local community, including restaurant staff, throughout the pandemic