Guides & Tools
Rapid Recovery Guide
The Restaurants Canada Rapid Recovery Guide provides best practices informed by the best advice from Public Health Authorities both federally and provincially, as well as industry best practices in order to provide a path for restaurant operators to reopen safely.
Crisis Preparedness and Business Continuity Guide
Our “Crisis Preparedness and Business Continuity Guide” is designed to help foodservice operators mitigate the business impacts of crises. Download the guide and customize to your unique business needs.
COVID-19 Temporary Restaurant Closure Checklist
A checklist covering what you may want to do and consider if you decide to close your doors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Communicating Expectations in the Workplace
Foodservice operators can ensure their staff stay informed and aware of expectations related to COVID-19 by having a dedicated physical and/or digital space for communicating regular updates.
COVID-19 Permanent Restaurant Closure Checklist
A checklist covering what you may want to do and consider if you must or choose to permanently close your doors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Navigating COVID-19: Communicating with your Customers
Presented Thursday, May 7
Restaurateurs across Canada are feeling the effects of COVID-19 and being forced to adapt. In times of crisis, customer service and clear communication are essential. How can you stay close to your customer base?
WEBINAR: Navigating COVID-19: CECRA Program
Presented Thursday, May 14, 2 PM
Restaurants Canada is working with CHI Real Estate Group to provide a webinar to answer your most pressing questions about the Canadian Emergency Commercial Rental Assistance Program (CECRA) to support business program.
Navigating COVID-19: Federal and Economic Update
Presented on April 22, 2020 at 2pm
Join Restaurants Canada as we provide an update on the state of the economy in the current COVID-19 pandemic, learn about federal relief measures to date, how they impact your business, and advocacy progress thus far from Restaurants Canada.
Navigating COVID-19: Provincial Update Webinars
Presented Wednesday, April 29 and Thursday, April 30
Restaurants Canada will be hosting webinars for every Canadian province that will outline the current and possible future relief measures, how they may impact your business, and our advocacy efforts so far.
Operating During COVID-19: Delivery and Takeout Best Practices
Presented on April 13, 2020 at 2pm
Learn how to operationalize a kitchen and make the most of takeout and delivery in a COVID-19 world, health and safety best practices key concerns to watch for as we navigate this challenging time.
Navigating COVID-19: CERB and Wage Subsidy
Presented on April 6, 2020 at 1pm
Join CCP Mike Maclellan as he discusses what the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) is and how to navigate Wage Subsidy concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Navigating COVID-19: Rental and Property Advice
Presented March 30, 2020
Insights and advice on rental and lease clauses, your payment options, and how to speak with and approach your landlord as you navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.
Managing Stress and Mental Health During COVID-19 Pandemic
Presented on Thursday, March 26
Get actionable advice on how to combat anxiety and preserve mental health in this shifting landscape. Also learn about what government programs have been announced to alleviate stress caused by COVID-19.
COVID-19 HR and Employment Information
Presented on March 23, 2020
Find out information on new benefits offered by the government, employer and employee responsibilities during the pandemic, and how to comply with best HR practices.
Navigating COVID-19: Resources for Foodservice Operators
Presented March 20, 2020
Learn health and food safety best practices for consumers and employees offering take-out and delivery options during COVID-19.
Health & Food Safety
Diversey has created a number of resources that you can access relating to both COVID-19 as well as general guidance and support.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Resources
- Novel Coronavirus Brochure
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Fact Sheet
- Safe Kitchens and Restaurant: Infection Prevention Program
- Food and Beverage Production: Infection Prevention Program
- Prevention of Coronavirus Internal Staff Poster
- Diversey Webinar: SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 Disease Webinar Update
- How To Wash Your Hands (use close to sinks and washrooms)
- How To Disinfect Your Hands (use next to hand sanitizers)
- Hand Hygiene Internal Staff Poster
General Guidance and Support
Canadian Food Safety Group
- Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Guidelines
- How to Mix a Chlorine Based Sanitizing Solution
- Minimum Internal Cooking Temperatures
- Personal Hygiene Refresher: Free personal hygiene refresher course on why it’s imperative in foodservice and what steps need to be taken in order for the preparation and service of food to be safe. Access the course here.
Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS)
- Gain awareness on Coronavirus « COVID – 19 » and learn about simple steps you can take to stay healthy; prevent the spread of the virus and keep your workers and your business safe in this quick 30 minute eCourse.
Financing & Operations
BDO provides resources to support you in economic impact strategies, regulatory impairments and deadlines, tax implications, and financial recovery.
- Insurance Coverage Considerations on COVID-19
- Tax Considerations for Difficult and Uncertain Times
- Federal and Quebec Governments Extend Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines
- How to Respond to Liquidity and Debt Challenges In The Wake of COVID-19
- COVID-19: Financial Reporting and Audit Implications
The Canadian Payroll Association
The Canadian Payroll Association has developed a comprehensive Q&A document related to the impacts of COVID-19 on payroll compliance. Topics include completing the ROE, Layoffs and EI Benefit. (English / French)
The restaurant industry and all the people who depend on it for their livelihood are facing unprecedented change as a result of this crisis. People are faced with financial stress, isolation, and uncertainty that can quickly take a toll on their physical and mental health. These tools are available to help you manage through change, control stress and preserve your mental health in this new reality.
- #FairKitchens: Inspiring a new kitchen culture, because a healthier culture makes for a healthier business
- Mental Health Commission of Canada:
- Workplace Strategies for Mental Health: Responding to Issues
- Think Mental Health: Resources for Mental Health in the Workplace
- Not 9 to 5: A Message of Hope
Subscribe to Receive Updates by Email
Sign-up to receive updates as new information and resources become available on COVID-19.